Re: Mallardized Tetravex manual

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 22:45 +0100, Milo Casagrande wrote:
> Hi Mario,
>
> 2009/11/2 Mario Blättermann <mariobl gnome org>:
> > Yes, it helps really:-)
>
> Happy it helped!
>
> > New license.page is attached.
> >
> > Another question: I get the topics in index.page in a wrong sort order.
> > Like this:
> >
> > Customization
> > Introduction
> > License
> > Playing GNOME Tetravex
> >
> > But I want to have:
> >
> > Introduction
> > Playing GNOME Tetravex
> > Customization
> > License
> >
> > How I can get this?
>
> For how I undertand things (actually I can't remember if I asked Shaun
> about this...), the sorting of that page is based on the titles of the
> linked pages. So that's going to be a little bit hard to adjust the
> sorting as long as you don't change the words you use.
> What you can do instead, is "thinking" a little bit different the
> layout of your help. Thinking a little bit more topic-based.

So currently, there's this system of link weights that you can
use to affect the ordering.  But it's fragile and not as useful
as I'd hoped, so I intend to remove it for 1.0.

You can affect the ordering with sort titles.  These are put
into the <info> element.  They're mostly intended for dropping
leading articles.  Something like this:

  <page>
    <info>
      <title type="sort">Quick Tour</title>
    </info>
    <title>A Quick Tour</title>
  </page>

I intend to add topic link grouping before 1.0.  I think Phil
suggested something along these lines, and I have a rough plan
for how to implement it.  But it's not in yet, so you can't
use it.

For a very small document like this one, I'd say it's OK to
abuse the sort titles for now.  Just give them sort titles
with numerical prefixes or something that effects the sort
order you want.

--
Shaun