Re: small patch for accessibility guide

Le mercredi 05 septembre 2007 �8:00 +0100, Matthew East a �it :
> Hi,
>
> On 05/09/07, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:
> > I'm a little worried about Ubuntu customizing stock GNOME documentation,
> > especially regarding translation.
>
> When you say "especially translation", do you have any other concerns?
> The reasoning behind customisations are that given that Ubuntu
> customises the GNOME desktop, there are a number of aspects of the
> GNOME guides which are simply wrong for an Ubuntu desktop. We need to
> correct that.

On one side, I fully understand and approve this. Apart from
translation, my only other concern is about danger of forking.
One way to keep the docs as much synchronised as possible would be to
select interesting patches for upstream and submit them to GNOME
Bugzilla.

> > Several i18n teams made the huge
> > effort to translate the GNOME guides.
> > So my big question is: will you include the customized docs in the
> > general translation process in Launchpad like with ubuntu-docs?
>
> Yes, I intend to look at how Ubuntu translators can deal with any
> customised Ubuntu strings.

Great, thanks for your hard work.

Claude