Re: Gnome and Ubuntu UGs (Was: string freeze?)

--- Matthew East <mdke ubuntu com> wrote:

> The same would be true of any license which has a
> share-alike provision
> - - you can't take a document and insert it into
> another document which
> has a different license to the first one.

So... it's more to do with Ubuntu Docs team choosing a
different licence to ours. But presumably that
happened because the GFDL didn't satisfy your needs?

> Just to return to my original question briefly, what
> would be
> (approximately) a good time to do the fork that I've
> mentioned above?
> I.e. when will the doc be relatively stable?

You can get a list of open bugs on the User Guide from
this page:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=gnome-user-docs

These are mostly small fixes. Give me a date you'd
like and I'll knuckle down and take care of them. It
was optimistic of me to label some 'gnome-love' and
hope we'd get some new contributors to take them.

#387855 is a plan for major work on the Nautilus
section, but I won't be working on it this cycle,
partly due to lack of time but mostly lack of
motivation.

Karderio -- you mentioned doing some work on the UG --
what are your plans?

PS. While you're here -- how have you managed to
recruit writers to the Ubuntu docs project?