Re: gparted docs - Markup and Help req

On 12/24/2005, "Joachim Noreiko" <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:

>--- Manish Chakravarty <manishchakravarty yahoo co in>
>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> As the subject i will begin documenting gparted
>> shortly.
>> I have two questions
>> 1) I want to make text (or HTML) submissions. I want
>> someone to help me with the markup.
>> 2) After it is marked-up by someone, how do i submit
>> it?
>
>If you're comfortable with HTML, then writing docbook
>is not a great leap. The Docbook manuals that exist
>online LOOK very evil, but you can get by with pretty
>much just the <sect*> and <para> tags. (At least
>that's what I'm doing ;)
>
>Grab the app template and the legal template from this
>page:
>http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/templates.html
>Stick them both in the same folder.
>Open the app template in a text editor.
>Drag it to a yelp window to view it.

You can also try the XMLMinds XML Editor (XXE).  I think it is
java based and provides WYSIWYG support for docbook.  I
haven't used it much, but I did install it and it seems to
be very full featured.  I think using it to write
documentation could increase productivity substantially.

http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/stdedition.html

Brent