Re: gparted docs - Markup and Help req

On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 16:56 +0000, gnome nextreality net wrote:
> You can also try the XMLMinds XML Editor (XXE).  I think it is
> java based and provides WYSIWYG support for docbook.  I
> haven't used it much, but I did install it and it seems to
> be very full featured.  I think using it to write
> documentation could increase productivity substantially.

What I think would really be useful would be a relatively simple doc
editor with really good integration into the GNOME workflow. As has
often been noted, GNOME docs use a very small subset of DocBook, so
these full-fledged DocBook editors are probably much more complicated
than we need. On the other hand, I doubt any of these general editors
have features that would be really useful for GNOME apps in particular:
the ability to automatically generate diff's, for instance, or
translation support, the ability to hook things up using
gnome-doc-utils, OMF file support, etc. I feel like there's a nice space
here for a relatively simple Gtk# app that could make GNOME docs a lot
easier to write, although I doubt I'm the person that's going to write
it ...

Peter

--
Peter Williams / peter newton cx