Re: Nautilus documentation update

--- karderio <karderio gmail com> wrote:

> > > Is the wiki to replace user-guide.xml ?
> >
> > Not really. It's there so people who aren't
> > comfortable with editing XML can contribute.
>
> So it's contents will be distributed throughout the
> XML documents
> in .../gnome-user-docs/gnome2-user-guide ?

I'm currently taking Daniel's edits to the 'Windows'
section of the wiki and putting them into XML.
It looks like someone's made some edits to the
Nautilus sections too. Those will need to be looked at
and the new content merged in with the XML.

> Thanks, I had noticed some documents were not used,
> but I was not sure
> why.

neither am I!

> How does something get "officially deprecated" ? I
> noticed that several
> screenshots are no longer useful...

In this case, what I mean is that Shaun said to me in
IRC: 'Yeah, I need to delete those' or something like
that :)

> I noticed .../gnome-user-docs/gnome-users-guide is
> the 1.4
> documentation, is that because GNOME 1 is still
> maintained in CVS ?

There's a lot of weird stuff in CVS.
One time I forgot where the user docs were, so I went
looking through different modules.
I left some notes here:
http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/CvsModules
In particular,
/gnome-user-docs/introduction-to-gnome/ looks like
another attempt at a gnome user guide. What is its
status? Is it used by anything? Can we use useful
content from there for the user guide?