Re: pregeneration

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 17:43, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> ons 2003-03-26 klockan 11.22 skrev Eugene O'Connor:
> > Hi Sasha,
> >
> > I'll add a section on pregeneration to the System Admin Guide.
> >
> > I don't know if any other distros are using this feature, but I think
> > desktop-devel-list would be a good place to find out.
>
> I can add this information to the next Yelp package I release. I need to
> do some work (or if anyone else is up for it) so that it can be
> controlled where the HTML files are put by yelp-pregenerate and later
> found by yelp.
>
> I'm not sure if it's enough to have this as a compile time flag or if
> you need to be able to do
>
> yelp-pregenerate --output-dir=
> yelp --pregenerated-dir= (or some environment variable).

So what you get with yelp-pregenerate is a single html page with
comments as delimeters between the chunks?

And then, given the proper string (equivalent to the gdb_rootid) Yelp
displays the appropriate section from that page?

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sliced bread wasn't an innovation. Sliced pizza was. I mean, can you
 imagine eating a family sized unsliced pizza?"
 - Jeff Waugh