Re: Settings for screenshots - detail responses

Shaun McCance wrote:

> Yeah, the theme doesn't set it.  And there's no UI for changing the
> button ordering.  It has to be done in gconf-editor or with gconftool.
> The relevant key to change is /apps/metacity/general/button_layout.
> I've seen a couple of screenshots where this wasn't set to the default
> "Windows" layout, but I don't remember which ones off-hand.

Ok, even if how to change it isn't present in the UI, it should appear
in the list of defaults. Another one I thought of earlier is Number of
workspaces, this is visible in screenshots of the desktop environment.

> Perhaps I
> should look through all the documentation and write down anything that's
> wrong with each screenshot.

That would be a lot of work, and I am not sure how useful it would be. I
am updating the User Guide for 2.4 soon, and I
will refresh the screenshots then. This might be a more useful task
post-2.4.