Re: Settings for screenshots - detail responses

Shaun,

I'm going to reply in two messages to try to keep this discussion clear.
This messages responds to the details you comment on below, the next
message will be a more general response.

Eugene

Shaun McCance wrote:

[snip]
> > Fonts:
> >    Application font: sans 10
> >    Desktop font: sans 12
> >    Window title font: sans 10
> >    Terminal font: sans 12
> >    Font Rendering: Best shapes
>
> Are these the Bitstream fonts?  I really think we should consider them
> to be the default Gnome fonts.  They're beautiful, and they're released
> under a very good license.
>
> And your terminal font isn't monospace?

Well, they're just the settings that I happen to have at the moment. I
meant them just as a starting point. The fonts above should be replaced
by whatever the plain GNOME default settings are.

> > Menus and Toolbars:
> >    Button labels: Text Below Icons
> >    Toolbars can be detached and moved around: Not relevant to
> > screenshots
>
> Sure it's relevant.  It's the difference between whether or not your
> toolbar has the little drag handle, which will show up in screenshots.
> It's probably not all that important.

Ah yes I see, you're right, it is relevant.

[snip]

> > Window frame buttons: If we agree a window manager and theme for
> > screenshots, this is not an issue.
>
> Sure it is.  With Metacity, the theme does not specify the layout of the
> buttons, only how they look.  With any theme, I can have my buttons laid
> out Windows-style, Mac-style, or however else I like.

How do you do that with Metacity? I've looked at the following themes
and they all have the same number of buttons, and button ordering: Crux,
Grand Canyon, High Contrast, High Contrast Inverse, Large Print, Mist,
Ocean Dream, Simple, Smokey Blue, Traditional.