Re: Settings for screenshots - detail responses

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 04:11, Eugene O'Connor wrote:
> > > Window frame buttons: If we agree a window manager and theme for
> > > screenshots, this is not an issue.
> >
> > Sure it is.  With Metacity, the theme does not specify the layout of the
> > buttons, only how they look.  With any theme, I can have my buttons laid
> > out Windows-style, Mac-style, or however else I like.
>
> How do you do that with Metacity? I've looked at the following themes
> and they all have the same number of buttons, and button ordering: Crux,
> Grand Canyon, High Contrast, High Contrast Inverse, Large Print, Mist,
> Ocean Dream, Simple, Smokey Blue, Traditional.

Yeah, the theme doesn't set it.  And there's no UI for changing the
button ordering.  It has to be done in gconf-editor or with gconftool.
The relevant key to change is /apps/metacity/general/button_layout.
I've seen a couple of screenshots where this wasn't set to the default
"Windows" layout, but I don't remember which ones off-hand.  Perhaps I
should look through all the documentation and write down anything that's
wrong with each screenshot.

--
Shaun