Re: Remove glossary from status page?

On 2003-08-21(Thu) 15:32:50 +0200, Danilo Segan wrote:
> Removing glossary from the "status pages" would be detrimenal to the
> task -- many will miss it, and therefore, you wouldn't have what to
> base a new translation on (like, Serbian ;-).

I'm solely discussing about the usefulness of the current glossary.
Is this unmaintained glossary really so useful for people? I have no
very strong opinion on it -- if people prefer to keep it, it's still
fine for me.

> So, if you do care about translations, it should better stay in the
> status pages.

(to be replied, depending on the replies I receive)

> And the only reason I can see for dropping them is to improve
> "standings" -- but alas, that's not a reason good enough. And btw,
> glossary is not included in the core Gnome desktop, so there's nothing
> in Gnome that makes them translate that (even if they want a "100%"
> translated Gnome).

Actually I utterly hate that attitude -- translate solely for
translator's personal satisfaction with the 100% status.

To reiterate, I'm solely discussing about the usefulness of the current
glossary.

Abel