Re: Remove glossary from status page?

четвртак, 21. август 2003. 15:18:56 CEST — Damien Donlon написа:

We are getting ready to commit our latest translations to a separate module called sun-l10n. Would it be of any benefit if we moved them to there? I agree with Christian that they should not be simply deleted. They are used for reference by our translation people. Which "status pages" is Abel referring to above? They aren't being picked up for inclusion in the translation statistics are they?! :o)

Yes, they're showed in translation statistics.

And as Christian already mentioned, the status pages are the most visible of all for the translators, and if something's not in there, it's highly likely that it goes untranslated by many teams.

Removing glossary from the "status pages" would be detrimenal to the task -- many will miss it, and therefore, you wouldn't have what to base a new translation on (like, Serbian ;-).

So, if you do care about translations, it should better stay in the status pages.

And the only reason I can see for dropping them is to improve "standings" -- but alas, that's not a reason good enough. And btw, glossary is not included in the core Gnome desktop, so there's nothing in Gnome that makes them translate that (even if they want a "100%" translated Gnome).

Cheers,
Danilo