Re: Remove glossary from status page?

tor 2003-08-21 klockan 14.14 skrev Abel Cheung:
> I suppose some others has brought this issue up before; in its current
> state, gnome glossary inside /gnome-i18n/glossary (or gnome-glossary in
> status pages) is quite useless. May I remove it from status pages so
> that translators won't need to spend time on this cra^H^H^Hmodule?

It actually fills a quite important role; for example, Sun translators
use that as a reference for their translation work. When Sun translators
had reviewed the Swedish translation, they obviously had looked at that
document before to see what terminology we used, since they evidently
had accepted our use of those terms. So if we hadn't had the glossary
translated into Swedish, we would probably be much further away from the
Swedish Sun translations in style and terminology.

Also, I've experienced that some new translation teams use the glossary
as a start for their translation work. I can imagine that for languages
where computer terms have not so many established translations,
translating the glossary first can help establishing a common reference
glossary for further translation work, and be very much useful for the
individual translation team that way.

Also, whenever the glossary has been discussed, I remember Sun people
have always been eager to hear suggestions for improvement.

So before any drastic actions are done to the glossary, it would perhaps
be useful to suggest improvements first.

Christian