Re: templates

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 01:28:44PM -0700, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> Alexander Kirillov wrote:
>
> > It is not restricted to people using Nautilus. You can click on the link
> > in any help browser supporting ghelp URL (did you try clicking on this
> > link?). I wrote Nautilus because this is the default  help browser (as
> > of GNOME 1.4; I still do not know what will be default in 2.0).
> >

> I am using gnome 1.4 and my default help browser is ghelp. Not Nautilus.
> If I select that link in ghelp I get an erro that that documentation
> isn't installed. Of course you could say I shopuld have installed it, but
> 1) I don't even know what's missing
> 2) If this line would be in the gnumeric doc or in any of the other
> gnome docs whose documentatio I have installed, I still couldn't find
> feedback information without installing some other docs first.

The fact that this does not work on your GNOME 1.4 setup is irrelevant. This
is a GNOME 2 template.

It should, however, work on your GNOME 1.4 setup with any help browser that
supports ghelp. gnome-feedback is one of the documents included
in gnome-core, along with gnome-intro and the DocBook versions of the various
necessary licenses. There's nothing wrong with Sasha including a link to this
in the template. The fact that it doesn't show up when you click on the link
is a bug involving either the help browser or your gnome-core installation,
which should be dealt with. It's not a problem with the template.

As for the reference to Nautilus, remember that Nautilus is our default file
manager. The link in the Nautilus help menu will point to whatever help
browser is specified as your default. (For GNOME 2, Nautilus won't have a help
browser in it at all - Yelp will be the default.) So again, this comes down to
a question of whether gnome-feedback is properly installed.

Cheers,

John