Re: templates

Hi,

perhaps somebody can tell why feedback is supposed to be always restricted to people who have installed the Nautilus file manager (see http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~kirillov/templates/html/about.html)

Andreas

Alexander Kirillov wrote:

Hi all:
I just committed the templates to CVS:
gnome-docu/gdp/templates/gnome-app-template.xml. I am done with them so
unless I hear loud objections I consider these to be the templates for
GNOME 2.0 (for applications; I haven't thought about applets yet). You
can see the HTML output here: http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~kirillov/templates/html/

This was produced using the xsl stylesheets from gnome-docu/gdp/xsl.
They are usable but  not perfect yet and Eric is working on them.
Contact him with any comments/suggestions.

I decided to move stuff about the program author and license back to a
separate section "About this program" even thouhg I know it makes Pat
unhappy. I commented that this section is optional and primary place for
this is "about..." box but if the author wants to put this info in the
manula, then IMHO it should appear as a separate section (making it even
easier for Ssun to remove it :) rather than in the titlepage.
I also added the paragraph suggested by RMS, that when distributing
separately one needs to include GFDL. No, I didn't (yet) include GFDL in
DocBook form - only link to the copy in gnome-core and reference to
plain text file. Should do for now while we think what is the best way
to include DocBook version of GFDL.

Sasha