Re: Stylesheets [was: Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Help API for GNOME 2.0]

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 04:19:00PM -0300, Jorge Luiz Godoy Filho wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, veillard redhat com wrote:
> I was talking about a catalog to reference stylesheets. That's what I
> understood from John's question.

  yes and I see no problem for that. Even SGML catalogs allows
such caching as long as you're usung SYSTEM entries.

> I've never seen such a catalog for stylesheets but only for DTDs. From
> other parsers (mainly written in Java), I've seen some concern on
> making them able to read catalogs for DTDs, to ease

  Well actually catalog are really only caches.
If you look at XML Catalogs, it's even more clear
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/

  especially things like rewriteURI
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec-2001-07-16.html#s.rewriteuri

You can cache any entity you can name, and in the XML world everything
has an URI name, so everything is cacheable. This can be XSLT, CSS
stylesheets as well as text entities, etc ...

> And I still owe you some beer when you come to .br. :-)

  Well I dind't planned such a trip yet :-)

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com