Re: Stylesheets [was: Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Help API for GNOME 2.0]

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 12:22:27AM -0300, Jorge Luiz Godoy Filho wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, jfleck inkstain net wrote:
>
> > <?xml-stylesheet href="gnome-customization.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
> >
> > And how do I then resolve the actual location of
> > "gnome-customization.xsl"?  Is there something analogous to catalog
> > resolution I can use?
>
> There's no catalog.

Since the word 'catalog' doesn't even appears from the spec, I am wondering
how you can feel so positive about making such an assertion. This is
definitely not specified ! In the case of HTTP URI, caching is permitted
(since there is no way in this mechanism to disable caching), and at
that level a catalog implementing an HTTP cache mechanism sounds
perfectly adequate IMHO.

In the case of the libxml/libxslt implementation if a catalog is specified
this will go though the URI resolver processing and catalog checking
will occur.

> This location is relative to your document. It can be pointed to any
> valid URI (file://, http://, /some/dir, etc.).

More precisely this is an URI-Reference, with all the associated semantic
inherited from RFC2396.

So to answer John Fleck, yes catalogs will be taken into account by
libxslt when doing the resolution.

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com