Re: Stylesheets [was: Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Help API for GNOME 2.0]

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, veillard redhat com wrote:

> Since the word 'catalog' doesn't even appears from the spec, I am
> wondering how you can feel so positive about making such an
> assertion. This is definitely not specified ! In the case of HTTP
> URI, caching is permitted (since there is no way in this mechanism
> to disable caching), and at that level a catalog implementing an
> HTTP cache mechanism sounds perfectly adequate IMHO.

I was talking about a catalog to reference stylesheets. That's what I
understood from John's question.

I've never seen such a catalog for stylesheets but only for DTDs. From
other parsers (mainly written in Java), I've seen some concern on
making them able to read catalogs for DTDs, to ease

> In the case of the libxml/libxslt implementation if a catalog is
> specified this will go though the URI resolver processing and
> catalog checking will occur.
>
>> This location is relative to your document. It can be pointed to
>> any valid URI (file://, http://, /some/dir, etc.).
>
> More precisely this is an URI-Reference, with all the associated
> semantic inherited from RFC2396.

Thanks for the reminder. I was looking for this RFC number, but
couldn't find it here.

> So to answer John Fleck, yes catalogs will be taken into account by
> libxslt when doing the resolution.

I wouldn't loose my time discussing with you on that subject :o) I
would be wrong to discuss libxslt implementation or any of those
specs, since it's been some time I've read them and I might be making
some mistake based on what happens with other tools.

And I still owe you some beer when you come to .br. :-)

--
Godoy. <godoy conectiva com>

Desenvolvimento de Soluções         --          Solutions Development
Conectiva S.A     -    www.conectiva.com.br     -   +55 (41) 360-2600
Conectiva Inc.    -    www.conectiva.com        -   +55 (41) 360-2600