Re: themes for GNOME2 docs

I think the most sensible option is to use the default settings for the
desktop when you take a screenshot. Currently, the default frame style
is Crux, and the default theme is Default. If the screenshots reflect
non-default settings, users will become confused if the screenshots in
the documentation do not match what appears on the desktop. This would
impact first time users in particular.

I suggest that the GDP handbook should state that screenshots should use
the default settings rather than specify a particular frame style and
theme. It might be a good idea to document the default settings
somewhere - so that when we are taking screenshots, we can ensure that
our desktops use the default settings.

I don't think we should have any decoration such as drop shadows on the
screenshots - it is not necessary to make the screenshots stand out
further from the text, and it complicates the screenshot process. Also,
the drop shadow may not be suited to some types of image, for example,
anything that is not a window.

As an aside, there may be some usability problems with Crux. In
particular, the use of dark blue and black on the Close Window button
makes it difficult to see the 'x' icon on the button.