Re: themes for GNOME2 docs

On Sat, 2001-12-15 at 19:07, John Fleck wrote:
> Folks -
>
> >From the current GDP Handbook:
>
>    All screenshots should be taken with the SawFish
>    (formerly known as Sawmill) window manager using the
>    MicroGui theme and Helvetica 12pt font. (A different window
>    manager can be used provided the MicroGui theme is available
>    for this window manager and the appearance is identical to
>    that when using the SawFish window manager.) The default
>    GTK+ theme(gtk) and font (Helvetica 12 pt) should be used
>    for all screenshots.

No No, a thousand times NO! I think we should go with the standard set
in the nautilus docs, ie crux gtk+, and sawfish crux. IMHO this theme
look so much more professional than microgui. But as Dan pointed out to
me one day on IRC, theres a lot more to it than just the theme choice.
For eg, not only is the the question of font size, but also color,
screenshot size, etc. Check out
/usr/share/gnome/help/nautilus-screenshot-guidelines/C/index.html on
your system for what Dan did for nautilus. This could easily form the
basis for a general doc on this. I also think we should go with drop
shadows for screenshot's, I think it gives the docs a very professional
look.

Chris

PS I've been using the Nautilus guidelines for the new GnuCash manual
and have had several people comment to me how nice the screenshots look.
If you want to look at the sample pages I have up go to;
http://home.mminternet.com/~chrislyt/links.html and look at the new
gnucash manual pages.