Re: auto-indenting SGML

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 11:02:15AM -0500, Kevin Breit wrote:
> Hey guys,
> 	I just got a patch from Henry House for Dia.  When I looked at it, the
> formatting was all over the place, even for my stuff.  Then when I was writing
> a bit, I made one change that screwed up all the indenting for that section.

A lot of the weirdness is probably because I was using a textwidth of 120
columns (I have a 19-inch screen). I can reformat my stuff to something more
usual (like 80 columns). Also, in vim, try

	:map = !}fmt <control-v><return>

Now you can reformat paragraphs using =. :-)

> 	I know I've brought this up before, but I feel theres a need for a
> tidy like app which will indent the stuff for you in SGML.  I'd code it, but
> I don't know how to.  Are people with me here?

Something like indent(1) but for DocBook SGML would be majorly cool.

--
Henry House
OpenPGP key available from http://romana.cocoranch.com/hajhouse.asc