Re: Dia quickstart

Dan Mueth wrote:

> 5) Looking at the "Saving and Printing Your Diagram" section, I would
> suggest targeting your audience a little higher.  Consider your audience
> somebody who has run a few GUI programs before - probably Word and Excel.
> For this audience, they know all too well they have to save their programs
> often in case it crashes ;)

As a vaguely-related point (and equally-picky, sorry!), I was a bit wary
about the first sentence in this section: "Saving your diagram and
printing your diagram is as easy as creating and modifying your
document".

>From usability tests I've been involved with on documentation in the
past, users often don't like instructions that tell them how "easy" (or
"useful" or "simple") something is-- I've heard many comments like,
"I'll be the judge of how easy it is, not the guy who wrote the book!"
What's easy for one user can be hard for another, especially if (for
example) the user has some sort of disability, and a particular task
hasn't been made very accessible for one reason or another.

You might also want to change the phrase "2-bit images" to something
else... it has another meaning in English which might not give the best
impression of the software  :o)

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, User Interface Designer  Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson ireland sun com    Desktop Enginering Group