Re: Auto-generating glossary

Alexander Kirillov wrote:

> I am not too happy about this. In many cases, I do not want the
> description of the term to appear in text at all - it should go to
> glossary *only*. Moreover, I'd prefer to have one common glossary for
> most of gnome docs - I do not want to describe what URL stands for in
> every doc I write - it suffices to do it once in the common glossary and
> provide some way of looking up the word "URL" in this glossary (whihc
> has not been done yet...). Having
> each doc produce its own glossary will lead to the same term appearing
> in many individual glossaries with different descriptions, which is
> confusing to the user.
>
> Sasha

I would prefer every doc related to a certain subject (like an
application) having TOC, Index and Glossary. It is better (when the Help
related to this subject is invoked) than having a common Glossary for
all the Gnome Help. Help has two views ranked at the same level as
importance, one is when the user browses through all the docs and the
other is when (s)he invokes the Help for a certain subject directly.

Laszlo