Re: new help browser

battery841@mypad.com writes:

> Cute ASCII art.

Thanks ;-)

> Not a bad idea either.  But is this going to require root to install a
> doc?

My English isn't the best.  But intentionally I didn't write:

    Fetch the sources _and_ install them locally.

> I think it's a bit overboard to need root access to install a
> 5kb text file or whatever.  Is there another way to do that?  I can
> see a ~/.gnome/ddocs/ method, but that will create multiple copies of
> the file for > 1 user systems.

We shouldn't allow such an ugly mess ;)  Next try:

    |                                            |
    | You asked for a document which isn't       |
    | available on your local system.            |
    |                                            |
    | [x] Read the doc your local GNOME help     |
    |     server.                                |
    | [ ] Read the doc online at www.gnome.org.  |
    | [ ] Send an e-mail to root to install it.  |
    | [ ] Fetch the sources to install them      |
    |     locally.                               |
    |    < OK >                   < Cancel >     |

:)

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |          ------    ,__o