Re: new help browser

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 05:04:48PM -0500, Eric Baudais wrote:

> I think it would be appropriate to only have one definition for all
> identical words currently on the screen.  I'd like to see the glossary
> or index as a dynamic part of the doc.  So if symlink is on the screen
> there would be a definition some place on the screen.  If the user moved
> to the next page, and symlink wasn't in that page, the definition would
> disappear and be replaced by the appropriate definitions for words that
> were in that particular page the user was looking at.

Hrm... "identical words" is interesting...

What do you do about capitalisation, or about variant forms of the same
word?  What about "emailed" as opposed to "email"?  What if a glossary
term is a subset of another glossary term, for instance "web server",
"web", and "server".

K.

--
Kirrily Robert -- <skud@netizen.com.au> -- http://netizen.com.au/
Internet and Open Source Development, Consulting and Training