Can you document the "menu panel" feature of Helixcode's Gnome release?

To: helixcode
cc: GDP

Recently I wrote this to Dave Mason at RHLAB

> I'm reading your fine panel manual for Gnome.  Can you put something in
> there about this new kind of panel, the "menu panel"?  I'm dying to know
> how to change its properties, but it does not seem to allow any changes.
> I want it to be not always on top of other applications, I want it not
> to go all the way across the screen.  I would like to hide it.
>
> Helixcode's Gnome 1.2 creates one of these menu panels at the top, in
> case I've not used the right words to describe it.

In Response, Dave said:

The menu panel is a 100% Helix creation - you might want to write a
note to them and let them know you would like some documentation on it
as we did not have it previous to the release. You can also let the
GDP know by sending a note to docs@gnome.org.

Cheers,

Dave

Well?