Re: stylesheets

Happy New Year!

"David C. Mason" <dcm@redhat.com> writes:

|   Actually I have been doing more work on this lately trying to make my
|   custom stylesheets cleaner. I am almost done with the html on which
|   lives in the /white-papers module under /dsssl - there is an older
|   print one but I need to work on it.

This is a good approach.

|   What we need to do is have a package for docs that includes the
|   custom stylesheets and as long as the user/writer has DocBook Tools
|   installed the makefile can then run jade against the custom sheet
|   without them having to worry about how it should be done.

BTW, simply calling `db2html' might produce unwanted results on some
systems -- at least I know, Mark's script is a little bit different from
the one shipped with SuSE Linux (maintained by me).  Since  SuSE's
db2html knows about a switch --style, it's possible to plug-in the
right[tm] style sheet.

Tomorrow I'll make a new pre-release my script; an announcement will
follow.

In the end I'm wondering whether it would be better to avoid calling
`db2html' at all and instead to call `jade' directly?

--
work: ke@suse.de                          |
        : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |       ------    ,__o