Re: stylesheets

Alexander Kirillov <kirillov@math.sunysb.edu> writes:

> Hi, guys,
> I was browsing various gnome application manuals and was struck
> by how different they look. Just compare the users-guide,
> gnome-terminal, and gtt (time tracker) docs, and you will see. I am
> not talking about contents - just the style (compare, for example, the
> navigation labels "Next", "Prev", "Home"). Apparently, this is
> because different authors used different stylesheets for converting
> DocBook to html. Shouldn't we agree on a common style and re-convert
> all these documents to html using the same stylesheet? I personally
> like the style of Users-guide, which is, AFAIK, Walls's modular
> stylesheet with Dave's patches...
>
> If necessary, I could do the actual conversion docbook2html, but I do
> not have CVS access, so I can't modify the makefiles or replace html
> files.

Actually I have been doing more work on this lately trying to make my
custom stylesheets cleaner. I am almost done with the html on which
lives in the /white-papers module under /dsssl - there is an older
print one but I need to work on it.

What we need to do is have a package for docs that includes the custom
stylesheets and as long as the user/writer has DocBook Tools installed
the makefile can then run jade against the custom sheet without them
having to worry about how it should be done.

Or something - my brain is foggy. At any rate, take a look at my html
dsssl - it is shaping up nicely.

Dave

--

          David Mason