preparing for 1.2

Hi,
let me summarize my understanding of what is going on with docs
for upcoming 1.2 release. Please correct me if i got something wrong
or missed.

So: Dave has split the users-guide, separating from it docs for gmc,
panel, gmenu (menu editor), control center and all applications and
applets. This makes sense; however, since <xref> between different
documents is impossible at the moment, this also means that instead of
links, the best we can have is smtg like "for more details, see
control center documentation".

Dave will clean up that little that remains of the users guide and
update gmc docs

Muet and i are working on the panel docs

Telsa is coordinating the applets docs and  updating gmenu docs

Blah is working on control center docs

Did I miss someone?

Possible conflicts:

 - "create appl. launcher" dialog, a.k.a gmenu -> new item,
   a.k. a. "launcher properties": it belongs equally to panel docs and
   gmenu docs. At the moment, Telsa is working on  it (btw: any of you
   documentation people know what "documentation" field in advanced
   tab is supposed to mean?); when she finishes, we can decide what is
   the best place for it. IMHO, it doesn't matter as long as the help
   button is correctly linked

- global panel preferences: can put either in control-center (it is a
  capplet, after all) or in panel docs. Blah wrote some documentation
  on it (plain text); muet and I will merge it with what we have.

It would be good if all of us could put some usable draft of their
docs in CVS by this weekeend, so that each of us (and developers) can
comment.

Final note: this announcement about 1.2 release was completely
unexpected for me, so I had to switch to "overclocking mode". WHy
don't the developers warn us ahead of time? Oh well, this is life...

Sasha