Re: preparing for 1.2

> Dave will clean up that little that remains of the users guide and
> update gmc docs
>
> Muet and i are working on the panel docs
>
> Telsa is coordinating the applets docs and  updating gmenu docs
>
> Blah is working on control center docs
>
> Did I miss someone?

Drake was considering doing the session management docs last night.  I'm
not sure what Drake's final decision was. I think this was the last core
piece that was missing an author.

Is there anything else which needs to be done for 1.2 which does not have
an author working on it?

> Possible conflicts:
>
>  - "create appl. launcher" dialog, a.k.a gmenu -> new item,
>    a.k. a. "launcher properties": it belongs equally to panel docs and
>    gmenu docs. At the moment, Telsa is working on  it (btw: any of you
>    documentation people know what "documentation" field in advanced
>    tab is supposed to mean?); when she finishes, we can decide what is
>    the best place for it. IMHO, it doesn't matter as long as the help
>    button is correctly linked
>
> - global panel preferences: can put either in control-center (it is a
>   capplet, after all) or in panel docs. Blah wrote some documentation
>   on it (plain text); muet and I will merge it with what we have.

For the 1.2 release, I don't see why we can't just duplicate the text.  If
it is just a couple sections of the document, why don't we include it
in both places.  When we move to the 2.0 system, we can put in links and
remove any redundant test.

> It would be good if all of us could put some usable draft of their
> docs in CVS by this weekeend, so that each of us (and developers) can
> comment.

Sounds like a good idea.  Do we have a target date for 1.2?

Dan