Re: preparing for 1.2: gmenu (argh)

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 10:07:22AM -0500 or thereabouts, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> Hi,
> let me summarize my understanding of what is going on with docs
> for upcoming 1.2 release. Please correct me if i got something wrong
> or missed.

Looks right to me.

> Telsa is coordinating the applets docs and  updating gmenu docs

I said I'd have a go. But I'm getting nowhere fast. I'm trying things
out as I go, and either 1.1.2's gmenu is very broken, the "little bug"
in gnome-libs-1.0.54 which is causing weirdness in one of the fields is
not so little after all, or I simply can't use it correctly.

It's not doing remotely what I expect, and although I'm all for docs
being accurate about the program, mine would currently look like,

"Looking at this option, one would expect it to... Examining the
code suggests it is related to... What _actually_ happens is neither
of these and instead..."

...for about half the options.

This is a program I used to use regularly, but that was a while ago.
I cannot think how I managed to use it. My current "is this a bug
I should mention or a feature I should recognise" list is just
ridiculous.

If anyone would like to rescue, help, or otherwise take this one over,
please let me know! I'm going to try upgrading gnome-libs to 1.0.55
(when I find it; I'm told it exists) and gnome-core to 1.1.3 when I
get a chance, in the hope this improves it, but currently, my brain
hurts.

Telsa