gnome-db2html2 and i18n

Here is one more bug: it seems that gnome-db2html2 is not
internationalized (hope I spelled this correctly...). As you know,
DocBook allows to specify the language of the document by using lang
attribute,  e.g.
<book id="index" lang="ru">

What gnome-db2html2 needs to do (and doesn't at the moment) is:

1. Modify all text strings it produces, such as "copyright" (generated
   by <copyright>), "the section"
   (generated by <xref>), etc, according to the language

2. Same for navigation labels "next", "prev" (when they are created)

3. For languages which use encoding other than default iso8859-1, it
   also needs to put appropriate meta tag in html output, e.g.

<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=KOI8-R">

By the way, I am not sure how this should be done - do we need to have
a table that lists default encodings for each language? Or do we
require doc author to specify encoding as attribute:

<book id="index" lang="ru" encoding="KOI8-R">

But anyway, in the current form help systme is unusable for languages
using encoding other than iso8859-1 - fixing this should be a top
priority.

Sasha