Re: gnome-db2html2 and i18n

Alexander Kirillov <kirillov@math.sunysb.edu> writes:

> Here is one more bug: it seems that gnome-db2html2 is not
> internationalized (hope I spelled this correctly...). As you know,
> DocBook allows to specify the language of the document by using lang
> attribute,  e.g.
> <book id="index" lang="ru">

This has been one of my problems from the very beginning of
development on gnome-db2html2. The deal is, you could take advantage
of *all* of these problems you are having by making it read the dsssl
sheets, but you would essentially be recreating jade. You could, on
the other hand, make it do everything the stylesheets do, but you'd be
recreating all of the sheets (and sort of recreating jade).

It is unfortunate that the XSL engine in Mozilla will not make it into
the first build but that is just how things go. This is why, whenever
asked, I continually tell people it is better to wait on jumping into
XML & new tools at this time. Does that mean we do it the 'old
fashioned' way? Yes it does, with a better display engine. Does it
suck... well if you are part of the 'freshmeat' generation, yes... if
you are old and in the way, no.

Just my opinion.

Dave