Re: Users Guides vs. Help

"David C. Mason" <dcm@redhat.com> writes:

| I think we need to have system that checks for an app actually being
| there before putting docs into the system. E.g., lets say you have
| just installed gnomefoo, the hot new gnome app. The index to your help
| system should now contain a link to gnomefoo, and perhaps (as Sasha
| mentioned) included is a small <sect2> that simply describes the app
| and lives in the core docs with a link to the gnomefoo users guide
| (which in turn, has a link back to core stuff)
|
| Ideas?

Why not turn the problem upside down.

That is each app contributes information about itself and then one
have a dynamic system which creates a list of the installed apps with
the small description. Thus the list will grow and shrink as you
install/uninstall programs.

On the other hand it would be nice to have a list of available list
and just a small note if they are installed or not. Thus if one are
looking for a financial system one can search and find the name one
and then install it.

--
Preben Randhol                 Affliction is enamoured of thy parts,
[randhol@pvv.org]              And thou art wedded to calamity.