Re: A few queries: relation with Anjuta and licensing

Hi!

Am Samstag, den 15.12.2007, 03:14 +0530 schrieb Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray:
> I just inherited the Fedora package which had not been updated for
> some time now. In this regard I have a few queries:

Thanks!

> + Is gdl _only_ meant for Anjuta or is it possible for other
> applications to use it too? In case other applications can use it too,
> then I would consider renaming the package to from anjuta-gdl to
> libgdl, as Debian names it.

It is possible for other applications to use it. Some dia developer
tried to adapt it but never finished it. There are also python bindings
for libgdl in the gnome-python-extras.

> + What is the exact license under it is released? Is it LGPL 2.1 or
> later, GPLv2 or later? I find that many of the files have different
> license notices although the COPYING file contains the GPLv2 text.

I assume it's GPLv2 but I am really not sure and I only own the
copyright for very few parts of the code. Hopefully Naba or someone else
can give you that information.

Regards,
Johannes