A few queries: relation with Anjuta and licensing

I just inherited the Fedora package which had not been updated for
some time now. In this regard I have a few queries:

+ Is gdl _only_ meant for Anjuta or is it possible for other
applications to use it too? In case other applications can use it too,
then I would consider renaming the package to from anjuta-gdl to
libgdl, as Debian names it.

+ What is the exact license under it is released? Is it LGPL 2.1 or
later, GPLv2 or later? I find that many of the files have different
license notices although the COPYING file contains the GPLv2 text.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7