Re: Anjuta2 -- problem importing Anjuta project files

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 03:03, Jeroen Zwartepoorte wrote:

> > > Sure.  http://bugzilla.gnome.org.  There are products for anjuta2,
> > > gnome-build, gdl, gtksourceview and glimmer.
>
> I am planning to create some sort of anjuta2 project file, if only for
> standardizing the way projects are loaded (at the minimum, the project
> file would contain the project type).
Hmm. Well I guess not everyone uses Makefile.am's so it is
understandble, however I have always stayed away from huge IDEs
specificly because jumping from IDE to IDE caused clutter.  That is
until I found Anjuta and ditched my concerns for a great IDE.  I guess
my biggest complaints against IDE's that use their own project files is
that A) someimes they overwrite my make builds and B) sometimes they
ignore my build system all together.  As long as Anjuta2 allows me to
jump from make on the command line and make in the build menu and get
the same results I will be happy using a project file :-).

What actualy would be nice is a build system manager that allowed a
person to easly mark files for build as a shared library, static
library, program files and extra distribution files which worked with
the format of Makefiles the user currently had setup (or at least with
GNOME's build system).

Well, just a wish list.

--
J5