Re: Sun Gnome Translation

Am Don, 2002-08-08 um 19.48 schrieb Christian Meyer:
[...]
> 	* Some words don't match with ours. There should be some sort of
> decision made to have one translation for a specific word!
> 	* There are typos all over (when I checked it last time). Those
> translators should be more careful while translating. I don't know if
> they've ever looked at our translations. We're reviewing our
> translations quite frequently and whenever a typo is discovered we're
> trying to correct it immediately.
> 	* There are some "Stilblüten" (English word??) which need to be
> corrected at once.

[...]
> P.S. Could some German translators also comment on that email.

I only had a quick look at Sun's translation after they were merged with
us, so I cannot add anything to Christian's major points here.

I don't know what Christian already said on the phone or where ever, but
I want to point out, that we have a "guideline" for our translation,
which all translators in our team should follow.
It would be quite helpful if Sun's translators could spend some time and
study it and also could use that guideline when they are translating.

It's located on http://www.gnome.de/ (click on "Richtlinie").

Cheers,
Manuel

--