Re: [gnome-db] "maximum cursors opened" in oracle

Il giorno mar 22 gen 2013 21:13:58 CET, Vivien Malerba ha scritto:
On 22 January 2013 13:23, Andrea Zagli <azagli libero it> wrote:

i have a program that read from a db oracle and write to a portgresql db

in oracle settings i see that i can open 900 cursors; that program reach
the maximum and it doesn't execute more queries

Can you tell me how you see that kind of information?

with this query

select * from v$parameter where name = 'open_cursors'

http://www.orafaq.com/node/758

and with

alter system set open_cursors = 5000 scope = both sid = '*'

you can increase the value

i'm pretty ignorant about oracle...

i'm quit sure that i unref every gdastatement and every gdadatamodel

what could be the problem?

Probably some bad usage of the OCI API. If you have a test case it helps a
lot, otherwise I'll have to write one myself.

i'll try to make one on the weekend

Can you file a bug report in Bugzilla, so it's easier to track bug
correction? See https://bugzilla.gnome.org/

i didn't open a bug because i didn't know if it is a libgda problem; before open a bug i tried to ask if someone knows oracle better than me

thanks a lot