Re: [gnome-db] Per-table meta-data with capital letters in the table

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 14:10 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> The new gda_sql_identifier_quote() function  does exaclty this for
> you: make
> sure you pass TRUE as the last argument.

As I've said elsewhere, I hate that this function is necessary to just
tell libgda to do what I say, because you feel the need to make libgda
as weird as SQL, but if it must exist, would you consider adding these
convenience functions?
  gda_meta_store_quote(const char*)
and
  gda_server_provider_quote(provider, const char*)

Right now this is a really ugly function that will litter Glom's code
with obscure parameters:
http://murrayc.com/temp/libgda_docs/html/GdaSqlParser.html#gda-sql-identifier-quote

And should you deprecate the (now ambiguous)
gda_sql_identifier_remove/add/needs/_quotes() functions because they
don't mention whether the "meta-store convention" should apply?

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com