Re: [gnome-db] Per-table meta-data with capital letters in the table

1.
You added a section about SQL Identifiers that mentions quotes:

But I find this surprising, and I doubt that it's true:
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/libgda/tree/doc/C/libgda-4.0-docs.sgml#n465
"
Many people consider that using the quoted syntax should be avoided if
possible because:
- once an SQL identifier has been defined using the quoted syntax, it
must always be used quoted, which is error prone especially if external
tools are used on the database.
"

Not that my opinion matters, but to add my $.02, I would absolutely agree with this.. Nothing makes me more crazy than a tool creating a table in oracle that is mixed case or using a reserved word. I'm mostly a command line guy and having to quote for quote sake is a pain. I think it should follow suite to the rdms.. Sybase supports mixed case natively so qoutes aren't necessary and oracle isn't by default so its very awkward when introduced.

I think tools need to support the ability to do this, but not as default behavior.