Re: [gnome-db] GdaCommand.

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 15:29 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:

2009/6/24 Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com>

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 10:57 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:

OK, I have implemented this and when I try to remove a row from a data model I get the error: Model does not allow row deletion. If I try to append a row, I get the error: No INSERT statement provided.

Does that mean that this feature is not implemented for this provider, or am I missing something? I am using postgresql 8.3.7.  If it is not implemented for postgresql, for which provider is it implemented?

I'm working on a stand alone example, I'll send it to you ASAP.

Thanks. I just have a very basic table called Groups with 2 columns  group_id and description, primary key on group_id and some test entries. Loading of the data model works OK as I can retrieve data, but when trying to manipulate the data I get the errors outlined above. An example would be very helpful. I must have missed something.

You'll find a complete example in samples/WritableSelect which I've just committed in git.gnome.org (LIBGDA_4.0 branch) and will be in the soon to be released 4.0.3. In git are also 2 corrections which make the whole thing work.

OK, this starts to work now. The issue I have now is related to quotes not being used for column names. I have a table called Groups. 2 columns. group_id and desc (from description). As desc is a reserved work in Postgres, I get the following output:

Computed UPDATE: UPDATE Groups SET group_id=##+0::string, desc=##+1::string::NULL WHERE group_id = ##-0::string
Computed DELETE: DELETE FROM Groups WHERE group_id = ##-0::string
Computed INSERT: INSERT INTO Groups (group_id, desc) VALUES (##+0::string, ##+1::string::NULL)

ERROR append: syntax error at or near "desc"
LINE 1: INSERT INTO Groups (group_id, desc) VALUES ('T2', 'Test2')

in case of Postgresql this needs to be:

INSERT INTO Groups ("group_id", "desc") VALUES ('T2', 'Test2')

I did add those quotes in libgda V3 for postgresql and mysql (I believe they use `), but as the whole structure has changed now, I haven't got the time yet to find out where to add this. Can you please advise where to add this in the LIBGDA_4.0 branch or if it is a small job, just add the quotes?

Thanks,
Bas.