Re: [gnome-db] gda_column_get_primary_key()

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 20:30 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:

>         I still don't understand. Is the "this field is a primary key"
>         information something that is stored in the server (PostgreSQL
>         in this
>         case) or not?
>
> The default is, as for V3, that Libgda creates its own dictionary file
> (in V3 it was an XML file, and in V4 it's an SQLite DB file). This can
> be changed and it's possible to store the meta data in the database
> being accessed. See
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/libgda/unstable/gda-dict.html#GdaMetaStoreSetup for some example.

Is it normally in the database server, other than in this extra libgda
meta data that you store in the database?

I guess you use a special table to store that metadata. Is that table
name and data format documented somewhere?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com