Re: [gnome-db] gda_column_get_primary_key()

On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 14:08 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:

> 2008/11/17 Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de>
>         Hi!
>
>         There is nothing predefined for gda_column_get_attribute for
>         the
>         primary_key property that was available in v3. How can I get
>         this?
>
> It has been removed because:
> * having a column marked PK in a data model did not mean the column
> would be unique and not null in the reult set (for example if you have
> a join in the SELECT)
> * it can be time consuming to compute it.
>
> The gda_data_select_compute_columns_attributes() method computes the
> column attibutes for some of the attributes, and you can use it as an
> example of how to get the information you want.

So is it now up to applications to remember what key is the primary key
in a table? We can of course do that in Glom, though it would be nice to
have that structure information in the database too.

I mean, if a table has two unique keys, how could it guess which is
meant to be presented to the user as the primary key?

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com