Re: [gnome-db] GUADEC presentation?

On 3/8/07, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 11:07 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> On 3/8/07, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com> wrote:
> > On 3/7/07, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> > > Would someone like to do a presentation at GUADEC on libgda and
> > > libgnomedb? GUADEC is 15-21st July 2007 in Birmingham, UK, and you can
> > > probably get help with travel costs from the GUADEC budget.
> > >
> > > http://www.guadec.org/node/518
> > > http://www.burtonini.com/blog/computers/guadec-2007-03-07-15-15
> > >

> > I'll be happy to propose something and contribute to it, but I'll
> > probably won't be able to come to Guadec this year so someone else
> > would have to do the presentation.
> >
> > Vivien
> >

> Here is what I believe would interrest people:
> * Quick intro about libgda and libgnomedb
> * Present state and why it took so long to have a 3.0
> * Features and comparison with other technologies (ODBC, JDBC)
> * A few words about Glom and Mergeant
> * A few words about (the current lack of) bindings
> * What to expect next.
>
> How does it sound?

Yeah. And I'd cover the stuff mentioned in our C++ documentation, but
using the C API. It's mostly practical stuff:
http://www.openismus.com/temp/libgnomedbmm_3_0_docs/docs/tutorial/html/index.html

Also here is what I plan to do in the future:
* data migration from one DB to another (libgda)
* more data bound widgets: at least a widget to make it easy to modify
data in a N-N  relation table, and a complete view widget (widget +
queries + options)
* more glade-3 integration