[gnome-db] Circular dependency between libgda-3 and libgda_handlers-3

Hello,

Due to a circular dependency between libgda-3 and libgda_handlers, it
isn't possible to build libgda (2.99.5) with strict symbol checking (ie,
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,defs). Also, libgda-3 isn't getting and NEEDED entry on
libgda_handlers-3, which may result in a segfault on other software if
they aren't linked through pkgconfig (pkgconfig-linked software is safe,
as both libs are included through -l).

I see two main ways to fix that:

1) Merge libgda_handlers into libgda-3. As currently it's impossible to
link against one of them without linking against the other, I don't
think there's any good reason to keep them as separate libraries, but I
may be missing something here.

2) Split the symbols used by libgda_handlers to another library, so that
both libgda-3 and libgda_handlers could depend on the newer library.
Note that this will work only if the new library doesn't depend on
libgda-3 or libgda_handlers. I haven't looked the code, so I don't know
if that would be possible.

If we can get on some consensus, I'll make a patch ASAP.

Regards,

Gustavo R. Montesino
libgda Debian maintainer