Re: [gnome-db] Do you want finish in the near future?

2006/9/21, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com>:
On 9/20/06, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
> You can found the follow problems:
>
> 1) You can't add new rows
>   a) Open a Data Source or create a new one
>   b) Create a new Table using the SQL console
>   c) Sync with the database, you'll see your new table
>   d) Open the table with the "Edit content" button
>   e) You Can't Add a New Row <===

If you use the gnome-db-browser program, then you can add a new row:
click on the bottom left icon and you get a new row. See the attached
screenshot.

It's correct, you can add new rows if you have at least one row in the table, but if you have crated a new table, when you open it you won't find any row and the add new row button is disable; see the atached capture.

>   f) Open a SQL console and insert manualy a row
>   g) Now you can Add a new Row
>
> 2) You can't update values in a SQLite provider (the PostgreSQL provider
> works)
>   a) Open a table
>   b) Update a value
>   c) Save the value, the value Isn't updated, the requery shows the value
> before the update

This might an SQLite provider's bug. Can you send me the table
definition and some data for that table so I can try to correct the
bug?

A simple definition (any one has the same result):

CREATE TABLE products (id int, description string, code string);

Becouse the problem in the Grid I add a value using:

INSERT INTO products (id, description) VALUES (1,'Product1');

Then you have a row (and now you can add new rows becouse the button is enable, as your capture).

Try to modify a value (in this case add a code to the existing record), the Grid show the modification but when you save is returned to the value before (in this case NULL for code).

If you use the Console you can update the value using: UPDATE products SET code = 'EEE330' WHERE id = 1; and just close and re-open the grid that will show the new value for code in product id = 1.

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los cuates: LIBRE)