Re: [gnome-db] PATCH: Convenient functions API change, added new function and improvements

Thanks for your sugestions, I'll review the code to speed up the update of GdaDict and the unrefing the GObjects. Of course about the identation I'll modify ASAP.

I'm working in gda_create_table to improve it (and a API change) to easy its use, then I'll send you the PATCH again with all this modifications.

As a comment, I'm trying to allow GnuCash (www.gnucash.org) to use GDA, then I'll use the convenient functions and in general GDA, may this result in improvements in the general GDA as in gda_create_table.

2006/10/12, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com>:
On 10/11/06, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
> This patch add a new gda_remove_row_from_table to finish the *most commond
> tasks* in the use of databases.
>
> The API is changed!
> Now gda_insert_row_into_table, use GValue's instead strings. The old
> gda_insert_row_into_table is ranamed to
> gda_insert_row_into_table_from_string.
>
> The documentation for the convenient functions in the C source ( gda-init.c)
> file has been improved.

Thanks for the improvements, I'll commit it ASAP. However, here are
some small remarks:
- I've modified the call to gda_dict_update_dbms_meta_data() when
applicable to limit the dictionary update to the required table to
speed things up. To improve even more, you could maybe store a list of
GdaDict objects to avoid creating one each time (in hash table for
example).
- I've added calls to g_object_unre(dict) every time the function
calls "return FALSE" to avoid memory leaks. However, there might be
other objects which need to be unrefed before these calls, I have not
checked.
- about the code indentation, I'd prefer if you kept a space after
each function or macro name before the arguments to keep it the same
as the rest of the code.

Cheers,

vivien

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los cuates: LIBRE)