Re: [gnome-db] PATCH: Convenient functions API change, added new function and improvements

On 10/11/06, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
This patch add a new gda_remove_row_from_table to finish the *most commond
tasks* in the use of databases.

The API is changed!
Now gda_insert_row_into_table, use GValue's instead strings. The old
gda_insert_row_into_table is ranamed to
gda_insert_row_into_table_from_string.

The documentation for the convenient functions in the C source (gda-init.c)
file has been improved.

Thanks for the improvements, I'll commit it ASAP. However, here are
some small remarks:
- I've modified the call to gda_dict_update_dbms_meta_data() when
applicable to limit the dictionary update to the required table to
speed things up. To improve even more, you could maybe store a list of
GdaDict objects to avoid creating one each time (in hash table for
example).
- I've added calls to g_object_unre(dict) every time the function
calls "return FALSE" to avoid memory leaks. However, there might be
other objects which need to be unrefed before these calls, I have not
checked.
- about the code indentation, I'd prefer if you kept a space after
each function or macro name before the arguments to keep it the same
as the rest of the code.

Cheers,

vivien