Re: [gnome-db] Environment for building db applications needed

For all the people on this list looking for a development and run-time environment for the db applications for the GNOME desktop, you may be interested in one of the projects I am working on at the moment.

I am at a very advanced stage of developing a 4GL / Web Services composite environment for the development and deployment of applications. libgda is used for the database connectivity, glade for UI design, dbxml for a native XML database acting as an application repository, gSOAP for Web Services functionality and a simple 4GL logic command set for quick and easy programming.

You can find details at my site http://www.xobas.com  To get an idea of this environment, have a look at the screenshots ( http://www.xobas.com/screenshots.html )  and to get an idea what it takes to build an application, have a look at the tutorial ( http://www.xobas.com/xobas-doc/tutorial/index.html ) and 4GL command reference manual ( http://www.xobas.com/xobas-doc/reference/index.html )

I am looking for people interested in this technology. Either to use it, test it, develop applications in this environment, as well as people who are interested in helping to further develop this or part of the technology.

All projects are published under the GPL license.

Please contact me directly for more details.

Thanks,
Bas.